What Are Warehouse Value-Added Services (VAS)?Warehouse value-added services are additional services that a warehouse or third-party logistics (3PL) provider can offer to their clients beyond the standard storage and shipping services. These services can be customized to the client’s needs and can include anything from repacking and reworking products to material screening and postponement services.
- Containment services: Containment services involve keeping products in a specific area or “containment” until they are ready to be shipped. This can help to improve quality control and prevent damage to products.
- Reworking: Reworking involves taking products that are not up to standard and making them compliant with the client’s specifications. This can include anything from removing damaged goods to fixing packaging errors.
- Labelling and relabelling: Labelling and relabelling services involve applying labels to products or changing the labels on products. This can be done for a variety of reasons, including updating the label to reflect a change in the product or applying a special label for promotional purposes.
- Screening and inspection: Screening and inspection services involve checking products for defects or damage. This can help to ensure that only quality products are shipped to the client.
- Repacking: Repacking services involve packing products into a different type of packaging, such as changing from bulk packaging to retail-ready packaging. This can be done to meet the client’s needs or to protect the products during shipping.
- Postponement services: Postponement services involve holding products in the warehouse until they are needed. This can help to reduce inventory costs and ensure that products are shipped only when they are needed.
Benefits of Value-Added Services in WarehousesThere are many benefits to using warehouse value-added services, including:
- Improved quality: By using value-added services, businesses can improve the quality of their products. This can lead to improved customer satisfaction and repeat business.
- Increased efficiency: Value-added services can help to increase the efficiency of the warehouse operation. This can lead to reduced costs and improved profitability.
- Storage needs taken care of: When businesses use value-added services, they can be assured that their storage needs will be taken care of. This can free up time and resources that can be used for other purposes.
- More time to focus on business expansion: When businesses use value-added services, they can free up time to focus on expansion. This can lead to increased sales and growth.
- No need to hire new staff for extra work: When businesses use value-added services, they can avoid the need to hire new staff to handle the extra work. This can save money and time.
- Flexibility of the 3PL: One of the biggest benefits of using a third-party logistics provider is the flexibility they offer. This means that businesses can choose exactly which value-added services they need and can tailor the services to their specific needs.
Lean Supply Solutions’ Value-Added ServicesLean Supply Solutions offers all of these value-added services and more. We are a leading provider of value-added services in the warehouse and logistics industry. We have a team of experienced professionals who are dedicated to providing the best possible service to our clients.
- Repackaging & Packaging in Supply Chains: We offer a wide range of repackaging and packaging services that can be tailored to the specific needs of our clients. Repacking products requires extensive data management and labelling to guarantee that unit numbers, cartons per case, and other important details are correctly reflected. We have the experience and expertise to repackage and package products of all shapes and sizes.
- Product Rework and Repair: We offer a wide range of product rework and repair services. It’s possible that the problem is limited to one or two things, such as incorrect product labels or outdated instructions, or as involved as replacing parts or welding on new fixtures or materials. We have the experience and expertise to rework and repair products of all types.
- Material Screening and Selection: We offer a wide range of material screening and selection services. Any bulk of raw materials must be screened or crushed in order to fulfill manufacturing or product standards, thus this seemingly specialized operation takes place with great frequency. We have the experience and expertise to screen and select materials of all types.
- Supply Chain Cost Containment: We offer a wide range of supply chain cost containment services. We have the experience and expertise to contain costs in all areas of the supply chain.
- Lean Consulting: We offer a wide range of lean consulting services. We have the experience and expertise to help businesses implement lean manufacturing principles like Six Sigma, 5S, Kaizen, ISO, and TS methodology, in all areas of their operation.